> These exist. Gerrit sends notifications when an event occurs (creation
> of a new change, comment/review on an existing change, new version of
> an existing change, change merged), and it sends these notifications
> to all users that have commented on the change, as well as the author.
> I believe that Mark B gets e-mail notifications for all new changes in
> the puppet repository (I think he said this once, not sure), so that
> would seem to mean that setting up a mailing list that all
> notifications go to is possible.

Yep. This is possible. In fact, we do this with our internal
operations list for puppet. It also lets you subscribe to repositories
with a number of options. That said, the emails are both a little
spammy, and a little terse.

> These notification e-mails have links to the change in Gerrit, and
> also include a description of who did what (e.g. "Mark Bergsma
> submitted this change and it was merged") and, for comment
> notifications, the text of the comment.

Yeah, this is why it's a little terse. A full inline diff in the email
would rock. I checked, this is a code change :(.

> Mark does post-commit (after the fact) review of puppet changes
> sometimes, and he's sort of indicated that that doesn't work very
> nicely; Mark, could you pitch in here and tell us what works for that
> and what's lacking?

There's no tagging, like we have in CodeReview. You can only comment -
can't -1 an already merged change (which makes sense). We really need
to add freeform tagging support.

> Per-author filtering of commits is implemented for sure, and you can
> also filter for unmerged commits by a given author. There are no path
> filtering features that I know of, at least for unmerged commits. I'm
> pretty sure Gitweb can do path filtering for commits that have already
> been merged into the mainline.

Here's the full search capabilities. It looks like a lot of what we
need is there, but you need to know the search commands:

http://gerrit.googlecode.com/svn/documentation/2.1.6/user-search.html

- Ryan