On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:59 PM, Tei <oscar.vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem can be output. What free format a iPhone support?

This is a good question. Obviously, in hardware it will support only H.264.

In terms of software decoders there is at least one VP8 decoder that
will work on ARM processors, though I have no idea if it has been
implemented into any iOS apps yet.

Of course that doesn't help anyone trying to watch video in the
browser, but support could be implemented into, eg, the Foundation's
official Wikipedia app for iOS (unless there are rules against it?
I've heard that Apple requires use of HTTP Live Streaming for in-app
videos of a certain length?).

Does anyone know if there are any decoders for VP8 or Theora using
OpenCL? It seems hard to find solid information on this subject...

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.b...@gmail.com