Hi,

Lot of volunteers are using email to communicate when they discuss
wikimedia related issues. Even if it's not a big problem to use
personal email there, lot of people, especially administrators do not
want to uncover their personal email. Lot of them even have a special
private mail for wikipedia purposes. Although wikimedia has own email
server on wikimedia domain, it's being given to paid staff only, so
question is if it would be worth of having an email service for
volunteers who request it (it should be probably limited to users who
match some criteria) or just a forward service which can help us to
get our personal email hidden (this would not eat space and would be
very cheap). I understand that people from foundation might have
concerns that volunteers with wikimedia.org emails could cause some
troubles or people might be in thought they are employees, so why not
to use some another domain, like wmflabs.org for developers and
wikipedia.org for wikipedians for example (other domains for
respective projects). What do you think?