I disagree, the previous message would sound really bit offensive to
people who submitted the patch, and is nothing motivating for the
volunteers who spend their time trying to help with the project.
Imagine you send a code to open source project in a good faith and get
the reply: I'd be more happy if you didn't put your nose in our code,
because that's exactly how the previous message appeared to me.