On Mar 30, 2012, at 2:24 AM, Tim Starling wrote:

> On 29/03/12 00:10, Chad wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> There's been some comments that the phrasing for a -1 vote in
>> Gerrit ("I'd prefer that you didn't submit this") is kind of personal
>> and we can do better.
>>
>> I did some testing and this is totally configurable :) It won't change
>> for old comments that were already submitted, but we can pick
>> some nicer wording going forward.
>>
>> I really don't have any good suggestions for this, so I'm opening
>> this up to the list for a bit of good old fashioned bikeshedding.
>
> I don't really want Gerrit putting words into my mouth regardless of
> how nice they sound. There will always be cases where the phrase is
> inappropriate and offputting, regardless of which one you choose.
>
> How about "Set code review score to -1"? Then a more personal message
> can be typed by the human doing the review.
>
> -- Tim Starling

I couldn't agree more. So far all proposal make implications that sometimes
simply aren't appropriate. Either they leave no room for fixing it ("Don't
submit it"), or are too much foccused on fixing something small, but
implying the overal intention is wanted ("Needs improvement") etc. etc.

Just say what you want to say in a comment, the numbers don't add up and
are only a brief summary (also note that you can submit a different score
at anytime and it will replace your previous score).

Can we just set it to an empty string and let the numbers and hand-written
comment speak for themselves?

-- Krinkle