2012/4/3 Brion Vibber <br...@wikimedia.org>:
> Do we really need to be maintaining these release notes files this way,
> though?
>
> Now that we have pre-commit review, we can more aggressively police commit
> messages so that the first line is more consistently "release-notes-ready",
> and we can generate release-notes files from commit logs instead, and avoid
> the make-work of manually adding to and merging RELEASE-NOTES files on
> every change.
>
> Thoughts? Concerns? Threats? :)

+1, in general.

I was never sure what is worthy of putting in release notes. Sometimes
people suggested me to put my changes there, so i did. At some point i
started guessing myself.

It makes sense that only a small group of release management people
will make significant changes to that file and i'll gladly adopt
guidelines for commit messages that help them.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬