Yes, the bots are useful for devs, that's the reason why we made them
and there is a little point to argue about that. But they aren't
useful for other users of #mediawiki especially users who seek help.
IMHO #mediawiki should be used for development (bots are probably ok),
#wikimedia-dev for wikimedia related developement (some bots are ok)
and there should be another channel for mediawiki support, which would
be user friendly.

If we keep the bots as they are we won't fix anything (if you think
that there is no issue, read the first mail).

If we move the bots to #wikimedia-dev we likely kill the
#wikimedia-dev channel, and all #mediawiki devs will loose the track
of what's going on (defacto we rename #mediawiki to #wikimedia-dev and
most of people who were in #mediawiki will just move to -dev).

If we move the bots to separate channel which would be +m, we will
make all channels more usable for regular talk. But some people will
find it difficult because they would have to switch channels more
often.

If we create new channel for mediawiki help and keep the rest as it
is, we solve this problem as well.

If we get all bots to -feed channel, and reconfigure them to send only
topic related feed to current channels, (mediawiki related stuff to
#mediawiki, wikimedia related stuff to #wikimedia-dev) then we could
either make the channels friendlier and we could have a relevant stuff
in there (I don't understand why #mediawiki devs need to see bugs
related to wikimedia platform issues, these should go to -dev). That
would mean more spam in -dev and less spam in #mediawiki and more
relevant feeds, people who just like to watch spam and flood could
stay in #mediawiki-feed. It would involve some people to work on that
and change the code of bots, devs are lazy (like me) so this is likely
a bad option :)

Don't say things are OK right now, they clearly aren't. If they are
fine for you, that doesn't mean they are fine for others. Bots are
good for devs, no wonder, we made them. But there are other users too.