One thing I just noticed when looking at the git history via gitk (on Ubuntu) is that the history looks totally spaghetti and it is hard to make sense of the history. This seems to have happened since the switch to git and post-commit review workflow. It might be worth considering this as well. git pull --rebase (which I assume is being used) usually helps eliminate noisy merge commits, but I suspect something else is going on -- post-review commit might be one reason. Is this something that is worth fixing and can be fixed? Is there some gerrit config that lets gerrit rebase before merge to let fast-forwarding and eliminate noisy merges?

Subbu.