On 29/07/2012 15:45, David Gerard wrote:
On 29 July 2012 15:39, Lewis Cawte <lewisca...@googlemail.com> wrote:

I'd say I kind of agree with the other points, but I'd also sort of
disagree. Being someone that doesn't commit/push a lot of code, the things I
have done (which, are relatively simple) we're easy for me to do...

What are the statistics for volunteer contribution before and after Gerrit?

Has anyone kept track of such numbers?
I believe, although I may not be correct, Sumana requested these a while back and has been looking at them... I'm not sure if it covers (new) volunteer contributors or not. I think one thing that if it isn't a positive statistic is that from my point of view is that the volunteer contributors that we're out there in the SVN days and the ones that actually committed regularly have not yet learnt or are not as willing to relearn how to contribute... I know from some small experiences a few that are unhappy or unwilling that they have to relearn things.
I understood making volunteer contribution easier was one of the
attractions of Gerrit ...
That, or Git, or the whole new workflow I assume, but who perhaps does this make it easier for? I suppose its easier especially for the people on the WMF side, since there is no more "submit patches and have them reviewed before you get commit" and its more get commit access, and then have your patches reviewed without them potentially breaking things.

-- Lewis Cawte