Am 29.07.2012 21:56, schrieb Ryan Lane:
> On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM, Thomas Gries <m...@tgries.de> wrote:
>> Yes it _is_ difficult for volunteer developers.
>> I still find it very difficult and did not commit any new line of code
>> to gerrit except a "coached fix" during Berlin Hackathon 2012.
>> And use github for my daily work now.
>>
> Can you please detail what you found difficult in the process, so that
> we can try to make things easier?

The previous committers to this thread already said it all.

Basically, I miss exspecially these functions which I often used in the
CodeReview

- list a code-(module) related contributions of committers
- immediate and direct view of accumulated differences (this was so nice)
- show differences  in a module between this day and that day (for
bisection of a certain bug)
I mean this: just as an example
https://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/OpenID/OpenID.php?r1=111329&r2=115069

Revision 115069 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Modified Thu Apr 26 23:50:06 2012 UTC (3 months ago) by wikinaut
File length: 10965 byte(s)
Diff to previous 113562 , to selected 111329
- clean interface not to bother with links (in gerrit) I do not
understand and I do not have to use.

    "gerrit-light"

with a interface very much the same as "CodeReview".
This is why I proposed already in another mail to write a wrapper, a
gateway or however you want to call it which wraps gerrit,
and let me use gerrit as I was used to do with CodeReview.

Expert will switch away fro "gerrit-light" to "gerrit-expertview" of course.
Tom
now also on #mediawiki