On 30 July 2012 15:22, Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/07/12 15:28, Pau Giner wrote:
>> From the UX perspective, a captcha is always an obstacle for the
>> interaction flow.
>
> I agree. But when you're spammed to death if there's no captcha,
> you end up accepting it as a necessary evil.

Just to jump in here, it's not actually clear that our CAPTCHAs work
at all at this point (per Tim's e-mail from last year of being able to
robotically break ours 75% of the time).

On https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Admin_tools_development (created
last week), we in WMF Engineering noted that we'd want to look
properly at some data around these CAPTCHAs and how they're working.
This might show us that it would be sensible to just turn them off
(which of course would help usability for all users), as long as we're
happy that the tools for preventing the vandalism they were intended
to stop are working well.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
Product Manager for Visual Editor and Flagged Revisions

jforres...@wikimedia.org | @jdforrester | +1 415-839-6885 x6844