On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Everton Zanella Alvarenga
<ezalvare...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> After working on campus with new
> editors in Brazil, I've checked this is a real obstacle, since most
> people here cannot ready English at all.
>
> I'd like to know if there are plans to solve this issue - I hope I
> don't sound rude, maybe this can be a minor issue when we don't see
> the difficulties people from a different place can face. I think this
> is important for Wikipedias other than the English one (just read
> people comments in the bug) and we can be loosing new contributors
> because of their first impressions. Thanks,

It should be noted that this is the only Wikipedia where the captcha
is triggered for any edits made by anonymous or unconfirmed users[1],
not just for edits which add urls.
So, those users are affected by any issues of captcha on ALL their edits.

Best regards,
Helder

[1]
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p=operations/mediawiki-config.git;a=blob;f=wmf-config/InitialiseSettings.php;h=5dd1bb63d399f0ba7bc49a4656dfed9109b550da;hb=HEAD#l8470