On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Dmitriy Sintsov <ques...@rambler.ru> wrote:
> Tab 8 encourages to make less "structural nesting" like foreach( if (
> foreach ( if () ) ) ) in one method, because such lines would become too
> long. Instead there will be large amount of smaller functions / methods. But
> there should be the middle balance between "large method which does a lot"
> and "lots of extremly tiny methods nested calls". Perhaps Tab 4, I do not
> know.

Personally, I think if changing tab widths causes you to change your
code *functionally*, you're putting wayyyy too much thought into how
pretty your code is. Code should be legible, but not at the expense of
writing good code to begin with.

Anyway, as I said earlier--we're not going to hack Gerrit just to change
this, so this thread is really going nowhere.

-Chad