This is (hopefully) a community. When somebody fucks something up, they own
up to it and somebody fixes it (sometimes the person who did it fixes it,
sometimes somebody else). The proper way to phrase it would have been "So
how can we go about fixing this?". By saying that you're not putting one
person on the spot.

As far as an acceptable policy, how about just don't be a
dick<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Don%27t_be_a_dick>
?

*--*
*Tyler Romeo*