>This may help:
>
>http://www.fix-outlook-line-breaks.com/

Not quite my issue as I don't have HTML emails turned on.

>You seem to be writing the messages for cutting at 80 characters per line,
but be actually sent cutting at 74 or so. The first are treated as hard
breaks, so there are two breaks, one at 74 characters and another one at
what would have been 80, thus producing lonely words.

>I also suspect of Outlook for causing hthis, but know little on how to fix.
See if you have some option to reduce the line length.

I agree that this seems to be an Outlook issue.  If I don't hand break my
lines, Outlook does it for me it seems (see the last message I posted for an
example).  I'll count how many characters it breaks at and break there by
hand in the future so that I continue to get > at the beginning of all
quoted lines.

Hopefully that works.

Thank you all for your help in diagnosing this rather annoying issue.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott