On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Strainu <strain...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the author of the original article said it best: "Agreement
> aside, we're seeing a disconnect right now between what the Foundation
> is spending resources on and the issues faced by the community." If we
> can't agree on the problem, we will have a very hard time finding
> solutions.

Is this perceived "disconnect" explained anywhere with some detail?
Even better if in the form of a compilation of ignored,
non-prioritized or dismissed problems, projects, tasks, bugs, etc.

The WMF engineering plan is defined at
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Roadmap . It would be useful to know
what is found to be missing, pointless or having the wrong priority.
Not only to influence the plans of the WMF, but also to help current
and potential contributors finding areas and tasks to contribute.

Also, is that the roadmap of the WMF team alone or a roadmap for the
whole Wikimedia technical community, where anybody can get involved
from occasional tester or feedback provider to maintainer and person
in charge?

--
Quim Gil /// http://espiral.org