Obligitory XKCD: http://xkcd.com/927/

>Now some old and forgotten code topics:

>- Password reset tokens: It's unbelievable but we are STILL using
>temporary passwords instead of reset tokens. Naturally this is less usable
>and also lowers the security of our password reset system.

I had no idea we were doing that.  That /is/ really bad!

>- An abstract revision system. The way we shove configuration into i18n,
>i18n into articles, scripts and stylesheets into articles, and extensions
>go and do the same. All just to get proper revisioning of things. Is
>horrible. Not to mention the extensions that don't and rely on our logging
>system which makes it harder to revert things. With all this together I'd
>like to see an abstract system that lets extensions have their own
>revision system outside of page content for whatever they need to do.

This.  I would pay you for this one.  Not a living by any means, but I would be
willing to put $20-$30 towards whoever implements that as a gift and a "Thank
you".  All my extensions at my job have to keep track of revisions and it is a
pain to reimplement it every time.  I still haven't gotten my history UIs
anywhere close to as nice as the one used by Mediawiki.

That all said, this a fantastic topic idea.  I can't wait to see where this
goes.

Thank you,
Derric Atzrott