Hoi,
I have re-read the Wikipedia article about OpenID and OpenAuth.

OpenAuth while nice in many ways is NOT the same as OpenID. User
authentication is one easy and obvious requirement and I have already said
too much about its need.

It is NOT clear at all to me why OpenAuth should be regarded over OpenID.
The use case for OpenID is obvious. In contrast the case for OpenAuth is
not clear at all. What practical things will it solve?
Thanks,
     GerardM