Sumana Harihareswara wrote:
> How about a little email thread for us to say nice things about each
> other?  Rules: be kind, thank someone, and say why you're thanking them.

I know a few people have thanked you for starting this thread, but I
actually came to appreciate you and your work much more in your absence
earlier this month. It wasn't as obvious how much you do (particularly in
bug wrangling and poking and prodding) until you were taking a well-deserved
vacation. "The reward for a job well done is another three jobs," as David
Gerard says. Your ever-growing portfolio shows the truth in this.  :-)

I'm also very grateful for the patience of the wikitech-l community (and
more broadly the MediaWiki development community), who choose to put up with
me and other Wikimedians. It's no secret that Wikimedians are a pain in the
ass to work with: they're quite often hyper-critical, needy, insolent, and
stubborn. They complain loudly and congratulate softly. And this of course
doesn't get into the problems they cause by speaking far too many languages
and wanting MediaWiki to do everything under the sun. ;-)  But the
developers take it all in stride and they do their best to make the user
experience (software, hardware, and everything in between) better each
iteration, all while dealing with a sometimes painfully unsociable lot of
people. For that, I'm have a deep amount of appreciation and respect.

MZMcBride