>"When a page reaches X level of quality, that version becomes the default."
>>When creating all the interface message for editing, viewing, and history,
>this is definitely not easy to get right and keep simple for new users.
>>Anyway, to be clear, you can make the "latest version" the default for all
>pages and manually make the "latest reviewed" version the default on a
>per-page basis already. You just can't use "quality versions" as the default
>version.

Hi, and thanks for the info. On an immediate practical level I will inform them
of this at the wiki, and we will unfortunately be forced to turn off the last
approved version as default so as not to offput new users.
In terms of the future, I respectfully disagree with you that there is any
essential real-life problem for users if the extension were to be implemented
in the way I described. Even for those who share your evaluation (which I
don't), there should be no reason not to provide such basic functionality as at
least an option. Furthermore, to manually make the "latest reviewed" version
the default on a per-page basis is extremely cumbersome (even using bots) and
not a reasonable solution to the problem.
To conclude, I personally think the extension you have developed (I was only
recently reminded that you are the primary developer) is already one of the
most important developments for the future of Mediawiki (and often under
appreciated as such). Please let me know if there is any positive way I can
become involved in helping this functionality become part of the program.