On 10.10.2012 23:37, Rob Lanphier wrote:
> I'm very worried about converting all of the extensions to use new
> APIs now.  If it turns out we need to revert ContentHandler, this will
> make the revert that much more difficult.
>
> I'd rather we remove deprecation warnings for the newly deprecated APIs.

Ok. I discussed this a bit with Tim, and we came to the following conclusion:

* Don't update the extensions for a while. But make sure we do eventually.
* Disable the deprecation warnings for now by using ContentHandler::deprecated()
  instead of wfDeprecated(), so we have a single place to enable or disable
  these warnings.
* Define MW_SUPPORTS_CONTENT_HANDLER for easy B/C switches in extensions.

-- daniel