Le 16/10/12 17:41, Harry Burt a écrit :
> Hey all,
>
> Unfortunately the combination of using commit summaries in release notes
> and the mass-merger of Wikidata code means that we now about several
> hundred somewhat cryptic commit summaries in the release notes [1].
> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki_1.21/wmf2

Hello,

That is unfortunate. We might want to rebuild the 1.21/wmf2 release note
by excluding the Wikidata branch change and manually craft a section
dedicated to that merge.

> IMHO it might be a good idea for everyone to get into the habit of using
> clear commit summaries regardless of whether or not they're directly
> committing to core/master, if not overly time-consuming. This would make it
> a lot easier for people like me who wade through the automated release notes

During our first weeks using git, we have been asking people to write
nice summary lines since they are used in Gerrit email notifications and
in git log.  I wrote a basic guideline (which has been improved since)
that people can be pointed at:

  https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Git/Commit_message_guidelines

cheers,

--