On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 09:54:43 -0800, Stephan Gambke <s7ep...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

is there a recommended work flow for bugfixing?

Right now what I do is submit a patch to gerrit and, if I remember, set
some tag in bugzilla. At some point somebody approves and merges the
patch. Then, if I remember, I set the bug to resolved/fixed in bugzilla.

There is a bit too much remembering involved for my taste. It's easy to
forget to close the bug in bugzilla, especially if the patch has been
lying around for some time before being merged.

Would it be possible/sensible to automatically close a bug when the
patch is merged? Or did I miss something?

Cheers,
Stephan

That would require two things:
A) Far more integration between Gerrit and Bugzilla than we currently have.
B) An assumption that every commit that mentions a bug actually fixes it.

And I really don't like the idea of B. I can easily see people mentioning bugs that are related to a commit in the commit message but not directly fixed by it.