Hi, trying to find the simplest path:

On 11/13/2012 04:04 AM, Andre Klapper wrote:
Assuming agreement that RESOLVED LATER is deprecated and lowest priority
is used,
       * some community members need to adjust their Bugzilla queries to
         exclude such tickets.

They will find out those queries return no results anymore. No harm done.

>        * we need to go through all RESOLVED LATER tickets, reopen them by
>          setting appropriate values (lowest priority, upstream), and
>          explain why (pointing to this thread). Help welcome.

Since free time is a luxury, what about simply a bulk change TO NEW / LOWEST. I know it's not a perfect solution, but is a big improvement done fast. Then active teams and contributors (many of them receiving notifications for the changes) will fine tune each one of them. Or not, but this would mean that such reports would have been ignored anyway in your eventual call for volunteers.

What I mean is that by doing a bulk change there is a potential for saving time, and no potential for wasting more time.

       * we need to actively discourage the use of RESOLVED LATER for
         tickets recently marked as such, and point to this thread. Help
         welcome.

This can be easily implemented after the bulk change, by removing LATER altogether.

Once no RESOLVED LATER tickets remain, I can remove the resolution.

Another benefit of the bulk change is that quick transitions are better than long transitions.

One alternative is to give people a week to change manually the resolution of LATER report, and then do the bulk change with the remaining ones.

--
Quim