On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM, bawolff <bawolff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What I would really like to see is banning users from touching the
> priority field. The field is made rather useless by bug reporters who
> feel their pet issue is the most important thing to ever happen - and
> suddenly there's a whole lot of issues at highest. Of course I would
> still like to see triaging people setting the field - just not the
> randoms who think by marking their bug highest priority it will
> actually be treated like highest priority.
>
> Although Bugzilla isn't a wiki, it might still be helpful to follow the
wiki principle of letting it remain easy to fix people's bad changes (e.g.
setting the wrong priority) rather than tying their hands from making those
changes. Could we instead draw users' attention to the page listing what
all the different priorities mean, e.g. by having Bugzilla ask "Are you
sure this meets the criteria for a highest priority bug?" and then linking
to http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bugzilla/Fields#Priority ?

--
Nathan Larson
703-399-9376