On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM, bawolff <bawolff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To be honest though, I kind of feel that if such "groups" were going
> to form, they probably would have already. Formality rarely makes
> people come together that wouldn't by themselves.

Obviously robust MediaWiki Groups won't materialize overnight, but
providing a good structure and encouraging people to participate is
certainly not unwelcome or impossible to pull off. You'd think contributors
to the software platform behind Wikipedia would be less skeptical about the
power of a few committed individuals to grow a community, but I guess
people don't change. ;-)

Steven