On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM, Quim Gil <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 03:44 PM, bawolff wrote:
[..]

> One starting point in your city / region would be to check
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup , attend the next meetup and
> start infiltrating the MediaWiki / tech agenda there. There is no point in
> keeping the traditional divide between readers/editors and tech/coders
> forever.

Hey I would if there was one in either of the two cities I currently
live in (University and "home" are in different cities). Heck no city
from either of the two provinces I live in even make it anywhere on
that page. [before I walk into the whole - you should start one
yourself, I'm much too lazy ;) ]

>> To be honest though, I kind of feel that if such "groups" were going
>> to form, they probably would have already. Formality rarely makes
>> people come together that wouldn't by themselves.
>

> Time will tell. We are not attempting to convince you.  :)  As long as you
> point to the right URL anybody interested in forming a group and you attend
> the activities happening near you, it's all fine.

By all means, if stuff actually happens I'll be just as happy as the
rest of you :)

--bawolff