On 22/01/13 18:43, David Gerard wrote:
On 22 January 2013 17:37,  <vita...@yourcmc.ru> wrote:
Per the previous comments in this post, anything over 1% precision
should be regarded as failure, and our Fancy Captcha was at 25% a year
ago. So yeah, approximately all, and our captcha is well known to
actually suck.

Maybe you'll just use recaptcha instead of fancycaptcha?

The problem is that reCaptcha (a) used as a service, would pass
private user data to a third party (b) is closed source, so we can' t
just put up our own instance. Has anyone reimplemented it or any of
it? There's piles of stuff on Wikisource we could feed it, for
example.

http://wikimania2012.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/Wikicaptcha:_a_ReCAPTCHA-like_solution_for_Wikisource

https://github.com/CristianCantoro/wikicaptcha

I don't know what ultimately came of it.