> Excuse me, but your proposed solution is wholly inadequate. For example, a
> few people might prefer a green bikeshed, more people might prefer blue,
> yet a small majority might prefer awful grey. The greens would of course
> prefer blue to grey, yet this would not be reflected in the voting outcome.
>
> Obviously, if this is ever to be implemented, we need a better way of
> counting the votes, such as instant-runoff voting.

This doesn't make any sense. I'm not sure what you mean by "small
majority", but I'm going to assume that it's a majority nonetheless. If a
majority  prefers gray, even if everybody who voted green and blue banded
together and voted for one color, they'd still have less votes than those
who voted from gray. Hence the reason for using a majority vote.

On that note, I'd be perfectly fine doing a quick majority vote on small
bikeshed items just so we can get them over with and so people can stop
-1'ing my patchsets because of them. This especially applies in cases where
there are only two choices, e.g., if( v. if (.

*--*
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science
www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com