On 8 Mar 2013 10:47, "Quim Gil" <q...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On 03/08/2013 08:31 AM, Dan Andreescu wrote:
>>>
>>> ... Then, if a developer is not willing to learn
>>> Gerrit, its code is probably not worth the effort of us integrating
>>> github/gerrit.  That will just add some more poor quality code to your
>>> review queues.
>

> imho GitHub has the potential to get us a first patch from many
contributors that won't arrive through gerrit.wikimedia.org first. It's
just a lot simpler for GitHub users. Some of those patches will be good,
some not so much, but that is probably also the case for first time
contributors in Gerrit.

+1 to me the need to create a gerrit account is a huge barrier for entry. I
think we are missing out on attracting small but useful patches from
developers who are not heavily invested in the project and have no wish to
become regular core contributors...

> When a developer submits a second and a third pull request via GitHub
then we can politely invite her to check
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit and join our actual development
process.