On Fri, 08 Mar 2013 17:07:18 +0100, Antoine Musso <hashar+...@free.fr> wrote:

I guess the whole idea of using GitHub is for public relation and to
attract new people.  Then, if a developer is not willing to learn
Gerrit, its code is probably not worth the effort of us integrating
github/gerrit.  That will just add some more poor quality code to your
review queues.

This a hundred times. I manage a few (small) open-source projects at GitHub,
and most of the patches I get are not even up to my standards (and those are
significantly lower than WMF's ones).

Submitting a patch to gerrit and even fixing it after code review is not that
hard. (Of course any more complicated operations like rebasing do suck, but you
hopefully won't be doing that with your first patch.)

--
Matma Rex