On 2013-03-11 12:26 AM, "Tyler Romeo" <tylerro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 10:38 PM, Victor Vasiliev <vasi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > > Finally, other than WebSocket and the socket interface, the one
> > > other subscription method we should have it some sort of HTTP hook
call,
> > > i.e., it sends an HTTP request to the subscriber. This allows
> > event-driven
> > > clients without having a socket constantly open.
> >
> > I am not sure what exactly do you mean by that.
>

> When a message is sent, it is delivered by the daemon submitting an HTTP
> POST request to a registered client URI. This is a commonly used scheme
for
> push notification delivery, such as when using Amazon's notification
> service.
>
> *--*
> *Tyler Romeo*
> Stevens Institute of Technology, Class of 2015
> Major in Computer Science
> www.whizkidztech.com | tylerro...@gmail.com

Wait, so it just sends http post requests to some address until explicitly
told to stop? That sounds like an incredibly bad idea (if I understand it
correctly)

*if you forget to unsubscribe we send you post requests until the end of
eternity.
*dos vector - register someone you don't like's url. Register 1000000
variants from the same domain. Push enwikipedia's rc feed there.

In any case, I don't see the need to have every form of push api imaginable
implemented. Especially not initially but even in general.

-bawolff