I think we should consolidate wikitech and mediawiki. If wikipedia.org can
fit all the world's knowledge, how come we can't fit all our technical
know-how on one site? The fragmentation is unnecessary and arbitrary, it
confuses most newcomers and those not paying attention to the "proper
separation" between them.

The site should highlight and share the technology platform used at
Wikimedia Foundation.
*We need a site for everyone to look at, participate in, and replicate our
technology.*
Replication could be anything from the most basic MW installation to a
complete replica of our cluster.

If we are not happy with the URL, lets come up with another one, or decide
that wikitech is the preferred name, and redirect everything there. The
main page would have mediawiki docs, labs, server info and stats,
hackathons, apis, RFCs, and everything else related. Any non-wiki
information like server health could be sub-domain of this site, possibly
with extra permissions. Lets create and share a knowledge platform, not
just software.

</end-rant> :)