Hi,

I plan to propose a GSOC project through Wikimedia this year, based around
the idea of mobilizing Wikidata. I'd like to share my understanding of the
problem and gain some feedback on that, as well as some more input from the
community.
*
*
*Problem at hand:*
*
*
Unlike Wikipedia, which displays information as mainly text, WIkidata
presents information in the form of a grid of divs. While the
MobileFrontend extension prints a mobile friendly version of Wikipedia,
there needs to be a separate extension for Wikidata.

This extension needs to be tailored to print these grids instead of text
and lay them out in a way that's suitable for a mobile device.

Additionally, the design should allow the addition of/should include 'edit'
functionality tailored to suit a mobile device.

   - Has there been any previous work done on this front that I could refer
   to?

I look forward to receiving your feedback.

Thanks,
Pragun Bhutani