Hello,

This night as was thinking about some tools which may be useful to help me improve some wikipedia article. Lately I began to participate in a discussion aiming to improve the french "philosophie" article plan[1]. So to achieve our goal, I began to look at how other chapters use it, to establish a differential overview, and hopefuly produce a better plan than what the current french article provide. In this project, I've been helped by the fact that interlang links come with a star when the article was elected "featured article". Of course I don't speak all this languages, but translation software are often enough for my purpose of comparating tables of content.

Now I think that would be intereting to have:
* an opt-in feature to display more information along interlang links, like size (in octet or number of symbols), view count, edit count, etc. * a tool which gather article plans of (selected) interlang relative articles, auto-translate them to a target language and display the result.

You may look at [2] to get an idea of what the result of such a tool may look like (but design brain storm is welcome), although I didn't performed translations yet.

So I post here so I may have some critical feedback, and hint on which way would probably make more sense to implement this tools. As I see it, I have now three (non-exclusive) way to develop something which integrate in the mediawiki ecosystem: php extension, javascript gadget, lua template.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

[1] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophie Which is about philosophy, you wouldn't have guess, would you? [2] https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discussion:Philosophie#Plans_utilis.C3.A9s_sur_les_autres_chapitres

--
Association Culture-Libre
http://www.culture-libre.org/