On 27.04.2013 5:23, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:
On 04/26/2013 02:29 PM, Maarten Dammers wrote:
I'm running MediaWiki on apache-2.4.4 on NetBSD.
Ah! Thank you.  I'm gonna guess, then, that this is a problem particular
to XAMPP and/or Windows.

Are you using rewrite rules with your installation?  Are they different
than what we have documented for Apache?

Rewrite rules usually are compatible, they support old syntax but also now have more powerful conditions (which may be used but are not required). My site was running fine just after the two changes I sent in previous mail. However I never use pre-configured environments Windows, I install and configure everything manually. In Linux I even used to compile everything from source, but in last years switched to packages.
Dmitriy