On 26 April 2013 23:12, Matthew Flaschen <mflasc...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> A little off topic, but is there any documentation so far on
> VisualEditor plugins?  The reason I ask is that at some point, I'd like
> to port ProveIt over to VisualEditor.  I'm happy with helping to improve
> the VE plugin documentation along the way.

Sadly not yet, mostly because there's no real plugin architecture to
document. This is something we have to fix soon anyway (of course!),
but in the mean time it would be possible for MediaWiki extensions'
future VisualEditor plugins to be written inside the core VisualEditor
source tree (with integration alongside the 'internal' plugins we've
built so far) and moved out later, when we've got our architecture
done. Very happy to explain the details to anyone that wants to try to
take on such work, whether they're a GSoC student or not! :-)

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
Product Manager, VisualEditor