On 30 April 2013 12:30, Claudia Müller-Birn <c...@inf.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Dear Roan,
>
> Thank you very much for your detailed explanations. I appreciate it very
> much.
>
> Even though, I do not fully agree with all your design decisions
> (regarding two different feedback mechanisms), they are understandable from
> your position (as far as I can anticipate it).
>
> Last comment on this, wouldn't be great to integrate both mechanisms in a
> way. I mean that the user can simply decide whether and when she wants to
> send some additional information (about the browser used etc.) by just
> selecting a checkbox (that explains the difference). So in every situation
> (before and after editing) the user can provide some feedback. The user can
> easily and understandable (at least I believe) decide about the extent of
> the feedback. Maybe is this (=my) feedback useful for the
> beta-testing-version :)

​Thanks Claudia; we agree that having two feedback mechanisms is
confusing​, and we intend to remove the "something is wrong!" feedback link
from within the diff quite soon (ahead of the beta version, certainly),
once we are confident that Parsoid will never or very rarely corrupt pages
on save. We should be able to take normal on-wiki feedback and bug reports
alone as enough to debug what has gone wrong, and this will remove the
source of confusion.

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester