Biggest disadvantage I see on the official documents is they don't
contain the hypothetical situation when something is wrong, they are
relying on the fact that everything is as it's supposed to be -
perfect. That user has perfectly configured system, that user doesn't
accidentally break repository or get lost in some process and stuck as
they can't continue for whatever reason.

The  guide should count on that and display some alternative commands
or reasons why some error messages are showing up (especially gerrit
is making stuff very hard, sometimes it reject the commit with cryptic
reasons) - or git-review is missing the .gitreview file sometimes and
doesn't work. These newbie guides should count on that.

The expert on git never get in such a situation because they are doing
everything correct. So they naturally can't expect this to happen. I
know I can edit the current documents but I have no idea how to merge
them with document I wrote. We could eventually insert a FAQ into
beginner guide that contain "Why am I getting error X, Y" etc with
explanation why it happens and how to fix it.