On 25 July 2013 10:11, Martijn Hoekstra <martijnhoeks...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm still wondering, when the call was made to disable this option, was it
> expected this would cause massive resistance? If not, what is the WMF
> planning to do to better judge that in the future (because imo this was a
> predictable reaction)? And if so, why was this done silently?

​I made the call about a year ago, and mentioned it in several of the
dozens of mailing list and on-wiki posts made about the development of
VisualEditor since then. Clearly my communication about it wasn't read, or
wasn't understood, by the people who subsequently complained, but I
wouldn't describe it as being "done silently".

​Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
Product Manager, VisualEditor