As long as the change does not inhibit extensions from hooking in and using
other CSS pre-processors, I don't see any issue with using LESS in core.

The one other thing I'm concerned about is why we're using Memcached so
much for file caching (we use it to cache the results of CSS minification,
and now we'd be using it for LESS compulation as well). Once this patch is
merged, we'd be caching two-three copies of every static file in MediaWiki
in a completely in-memory network cache. Why are we not just putting them
in a file cache?

*-- *
*Tyler Romeo*
Major in Computer Science