Hey rupert!

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:21 PM, rupert THURNER
<rupert.thur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi brion,
>
> thank you so much for that! where is the source code? i tried to
> search for "commons" on https://git.wikimedia.org/. i wanted to look

Android: https://git.wikimedia.org/summary/apps%2Fandroid%2Fcommons.git
iOS: github.com/wikimedia/Commons-iOS

> if there is really no account creation at the login screen or it is
> just my phone which does not display one, and which URL the aplication

Mediawiki doesn't have API support for creating accounts, and hence
the apps don't have create account support yet.

> connects to (https i hoped). as well, i was quite puzzled that
> wikipedia zero might not include traffic coming from apps.

Yes, https by default (on Android I know for sure, an dI think on iOS
too). I don't know how Wikipedia Zero will interfere in this though?
--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog