Thanks for the information. I think modifying the skin to support jquery mobile is a viable solution.

I also find that some components of jquery mobile conflict jquery ui, as indicated by the following webpages, to list just a few.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9165737/jquerymobile-and-jquery-ui-data-icon-conflict
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10146868/jquery-ui-slider-conflicting-with-jquery-mobile-slider

I can deliberately avoid using these conflicting widgets.

Shawn