Greg Grossmeier wrote:
>Please take a look at he latest version of the Roadmap at:
>http://ur1.ca/felvl (Google Doc spreadsheet, my apologies)

Oddly, in Chrome, I can't access the spreadsheet (Google insists that I
need to sign in); in Safari, it loads just fine.

What do the grey cells indicate?

It's a bit worrying to see so many blank boxes in the Analytics section.
It's, by far, the area of Wikimedia tech engineering that needs the most
guidance and direction. I see a note about "Hadoop infrastructure revisit
(AndrewO/Leslie/Asher)" in a separate section, but no links to any docs
for this work. This is unfortunate. There's an entire Analytics team at
the Wikimedia Foundation, yet most of the stats that users are interested
in are still incredibly limited and come from the work of two volunteers
(Domas and Henrik). This entire area of Wikimedia is pretty sad. I'd
really like to see more focus on how we can either improve or eliminate
the analytics team. As it is, it simply seems wasteful.

The entire "TechOps" section could use more links. (Who's Ceph?)

For "Central code repository (very tentative)", I hope someone will first
look at <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Permalink/5497282>. There
are a lot of global "bits and pieces" that need further thought.

The Flow section seems pretty ambitious and pretty ambiguous. "Full
production release to select WikiProject discussion spaces" on which
project(s)? Quite a few projects are very hesitant to try any new
discussion system given the past abandonment of LiquidThreads, leaving
their projects without any meaningful support. Other projects are highly
skeptical of a discussion system that won't be able to support wikimarkup.

For account creation, there's no planned work, yet we still have a giant
Toolserver (soon to be Tool Labs) dependency, don't we (cf.
<https://toolserver.org/~acc/>)? Are there any plans to address this?
Surely this crosses the "in use in production" threshold, meaning it needs
to be migrated into a MediaWiki extension or into MediaWiki core.

I don't see any mention of "SUL finalisation" on the roadmap. What's going
on there?

This whole chart would be easier to view, edit, and comment on if it were
on a wiki page. I'm not sure what stolen laptops and scripts in Git have
to do with anything. Just stop using a Google Doc spreadsheet and use the
wiki. If the wiki is insufficient, document why (using Bugzilla or an RFC
on mediawiki.org) and we can work to address any shortcomings.

MZMcBride