Hey,

Currently, we have...

   - Weekly deployment plans/notes
   - This monthly roadmap spreadsheet/wiki page
   - Quarterly plans, as represented in
   https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/2013-14_Goals and
   other places
   - Yearly/annual plans

This is too much. I say we get everyone to sprint on filling out
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Engineering/2013-14_Goals, and
then abandon this spreadsheet nonsense. We don't need this much duplication
at the week/month/three month/year level.

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Greg Grossmeier <g...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a mea culpa: I haven't been doing the Roadmap update emails
> lately. The short of it is: it is dang hard and not time-efficient for
> me to try to parse Google Doc's 'revision history' in a big spreadsheet.
> That's why we (Robla) created a script to download and convert to
> wikitext (and upload to mediawiki.org) the Roadmap. Then we get real
> diffs.
>
> My laptop was stolen a while ago and on it was my local modifications to
> that script to make it work for me (committed to git, but not push
> anywhere because the project wasn't in gerrit yet..., laziness on my
> part).
>
> With that:
>
> Please take a look at he latest version of the Roadmap at:
> http://ur1.ca/felvl (Google Doc spreadsheet, my apologies)
>
> Some things to look at (ie: have been updated recently):
> * Flow
> * Language-team related items
> * TechOps September column
> * Platform/Site Architecture
> * Wikidata
> * QA sept/oct columns
> * ECT's sept/oct/nov columns
>

> Sorry about the lack of specificity.
>
> Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask,
>
> Greg
>

> --
> | Greg Grossmeier            GPG: B2FA 27B1 F7EB D327 6B8E |
> | identi.ca: @greg                A18D 1138 8E47 FAC8 1C7D |

Steven Walling
https://wikimediafoundation.org/