Hallo,

As you may be aware, the git-review based developer experience on Windows
is less than perfect - especially compared to the old TortoiseSVN based
workflow. I have tried several options, which I will try to document in the
coming weeks.

One of the options is using the GitHub workflow. Yuvi Panda is working on
an automatic way to move Pull requests to Gerrit [1], which would make this
workflow a possibility.

The basic idea is to have a 'triangular workflow': You pull from a central
repository, push to a public fork of that repository and then submit a pull
request. I have documented this process, using GitHub for Windows at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/GitHub.

Any comments are, of course, welcome. Any ideas on how to improve the
contributing experience for Windows-based developers - or information on
how Windows-based developers contribute currently - would also be
appreciated.

Best,
Merlijn