Apologies, I always forget to hit "Reply All".

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: AbuseFilter error codes and MobileFrontend
Date:   Sat, 21 Sep 2013 10:11:28 +1000
From:   Andrew Garrett <agarr...@wikimedia.org>
To:     Juliusz Gonera <jgon...@wikimedia.org>

Juliusz Gonera wrote:

After getting some initial information from legoktm, my thoughts are:

* Probably no changes to AbuseFilter are necessary and we should
implement everything in MobileFrontend.

* We should display the warning message (edit.warning in API response)
for all codes (edit.code in API response) that start with
abusefilter-warning* and allow the user to resubmit.
* We should display the disallow message (edit.warning in API
response) for abusefilter-disallow and not allow the user to resubmit.
* We should display edit.warning message if present or a general one
and not allow the user to resubmit for all the other error codes
(until now we've got abusefilter-blanking, abusefilter-blank,
abusefilter-imza, abusefilter-blocked-display and
abusefilter-autobiography, but they don't happen too often).

You should know about this change[1], which corrects the error messages to be more in line with the general case, as well as adding some metadata. It's not been approved yet, so I'm nudging a few reviewers.

You can also determine which mobile edits are hitting filters, by looking for edits in the filter log which have 'user_mobile = 1' set. I'm not sure I quite remember how to search in that way, but I'll look into it.

[1] https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/80137/