On 11/03/2013 08:27 PM, Ori Livneh wrote:
> * Module storage is enabled only if the underlying browser supports
> localStorage (~89% of browsers in use, according to
> <http://caniuse.com/#feat=namevalue-storage>). Users with older
> browsers will not see a benefit, but they will not suffer a penalty
> either.

Ori, Thank you for this fun-to-read introduction to Module Storage.

I wonder if this will have any affect on low bandwidth users.  It seems
like this would help if someone had only a 2G/GPRS connection, but do a
lower percentage of those users have browsers that can use Module
Storage?  If so, is there anything that we can to do address this issue?

I imagine there are things we could do in the software, but those things
would take work and time that might not make sense for limited
resources.  Would it make sense to see if Mozilla has any interest in
helping to spread HTML5-capable browsers via USB keychains and/or local
Mozillians?

Hrm... I should probably go ask them about that.  But I'm curious about
your perspective and to see if we have any information on the bandwidth
available to various users.

Mark.