On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 08:33 -0800, Chad wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 10:04 PM, Rob Lanphier <ro...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>
> > I like the idea of giving everyone who has editbugs the right to give
> >  other people the editbugs permission.  That's certainly worth a try
> > assuming it's possible to configure.
> >

> I want to underscore this again. I think this is a great idea
> and I haven't seen any objections to it yet. Can we go ahead
> with this proposal?

There seems to be sufficient support to grant users who have "editbugs"
rights the permission to hand out (and revert) editbugs rights to/of
other users.

If we did this, users with editbugs rights can go to "Links >
Administration > Users", enter the email address of a user, and hand out
editbugs to other users.

However, the right to hand out editbugs rights to other users cannot be
handed out recursively: If I give user X the right to hand out editbugs
permissions to other users, then user X can only give editbugs to user Y
him/herself, but user Y will NOT automatically be able to hand out
editbugs to user Z.

For the records: Currently 14744 Wikimedia Bugzilla users have editbugs
permissions (so this is something to do via an SQL command instead of me
clicking myself to death in Bugzilla's web interface).

andre

--
Andre Klapper | Wikimedia Bugwrangler
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/