On Nov 7, 2013 6:27 PM, "Andre Klapper" <aklap...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> For the records: Currently 14744 Wikimedia Bugzilla users have editbugs
> permissions (so this is something to do via an SQL command instead of me
> clicking myself to death in Bugzilla's web interface).

I also generally support this. But maybe we can limit to only users that
have done at least one or two actions in the last X months. Or exclude
people that haven't logged in for a year. 14.7k sounds like a lot.

Also, what is the current method for marking bad users and making sure they
don't get promoted? Like CentralAuth's lock.

After the first batch who can then make more people who can grant editbugs?
is this going to be a regular automated thing? manually done each X weeks?

Also, I'm less clear about the remove editbugs form users part. That could
be more restricted than granting.

Max, et al. what do you think?

-Jeremy